- Aswebman Designs
- Ripped Jeans
- Men Printed T-Shirts and Tees
- Halloween Mixed Shop
- Trench Coat
- Marvel Captain America
- Sports – Ali
- Avengers Endgame
- Rainbow Brite
- Mickey Mouse and Friends
- Harry Potter
- Justice league
- Minnie and Friends
- Pirates of Carribean
- DC Comics
- Independence Day
- Teespring askwebman store
- Tom and Jerry
- Toy Story 4
- Wonder Women
Retail News Subscribe – One mail per day with summary
- Jason & Scot Show Episode 230 Amazon Q2 2020 Earnings
- SOCKSHOP ties with Sal’s Shoes and homelessness charity to support new School Uniform Hub free uniform for families in need – Retail Times
- IMC to Present Webinars on Post-COVID-19 Retail
- What Does the Back to School 2020 Retail Season Look Like?
- 5 Steps to Making Live Stream Videos That Further Your Retail Branding
- … and rolls out electric delivery vans across JLP and Waitrose as home delivery soars
- Restaurants are in ‘fight mode right now,’ Dunkin’ Brands CEO says
- ‘Simple modern, discount shopping’: the Argos catalogue through the years – in pictures | Business
- Creative Design & Display Connections launched
- Check out Nike’s new Paris flagship
- Redundancies at Waterstones HQ as some stores remain shut
- Primark launches national in-store recycling
- Digital Is Turning Retail Into An On-Demand Model
- Shopify to offer installment payments through Affirm
- Retail Roundup—Etsy expands in Germany; Bluefly gains more sellers
- American President asked Barr to conduct the news conference for clearing him on Ukraine
- parcelLab marks 5th anniversary and expansion strategy – Retail News – A1 Retail Magazine
- Innovative Retailer: THG Ingenuity – Retail Insider
- SINGLE USE PPE KITS SOLUTION PERFECT FOR PEOPLE ON THE GO…
- Jason & Scot Show Episode 229 News including Google and Big Commerce, and NRF NXT
Safe content check
Content found safe from malware :
www.askwebman.com (askwebman.com) is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.in.
In addition to askwebman’s participation in Amazon’s program, askwebman.com also participates in a number of other affiliate programs. That means when someone clicks on an affiliate link and purchases a product,askwebman.com receives a small commission.
This commission does not cost you anything, nor does it affect our judgement when it comes to selecting which products we showcase in our content.
New Products update – One mail per day
Retail News update – One mail per day
Subscribe by category
Decathlon said, “E-commerce has taken a massive lead in the last three months growing from a share of 11% pre-lockdown to 33% share of the total sales avenues.” The French sporting goods retailer has noted a 220% growth on fitness products across categories such as cycling, fitness cardio, yoga and running by customers looking to bolster home equipment for self-practice and online workouts.
“Earlier, home fitness was a practice for beginners. This has changed and we have more fitness enthusiasts like pro-bodybuilders, cross fitters and Zumba instructors practicing at home and taking online classes for their clients,” said Decathlon, adding, “Heavy equipment will start to have a higher market share as these fitness enthusiasts look to complete their home gym set-up.”
Decathlon said it had noted over 141% volume growth in the sale of gym benches and bench racks and 141% increase in demand for dumbbell kits or individual dumbbells. Even though the firm has reopened 60% of its stores following the relaxation of the lockdown, Decathlon has taken to phygital stores or app-based shopping with reserve-and-collect feature to sell its products.
According to a recent report by Facebook India and Boston Consulting Group, digital influence in urban consumers has increased by up to 70% for categories such as mobile phones, apparel and consumer packaged goods. Consumers engage even with offline categories on their smartphones and close fulfillment offline or online. This trend is expected to stay post-pandemic as well, added the report.
Marketplaces have recorded significant growth in sale of home gym kits since non-essential retail opened in May. An Amazon India spokesperson told ET that the platform has noted a 2.2X increase in the overall category with home gym sets, yoga mats and bands and tubes seeing maximum uptake with about 5X increase in sales.
Likewise, a company spokesperson at Flipkart said that in addition to sportswear such as yoga and lounge pants and sports bras, fitness products have seen close to 2X growth as compared to pre-lockdown period.
Increased demand in the category has led to a corresponding increase in the assortment by sellers in the recent weeks.
“The demand over the last two months is nearly 60% higher than the corresponding period last year. Users are buying multiple products to meet the needs of various family members,” said a Snapdeal spokesperson.
While most of these orders on marketplaces have come from metros such as Delhi-NCR and Bengaluru, non-metros such as Patna, Dehradun, Ernakulam and Lucknow to smaller towns such as Singrauli (Madhya Pradesh), Circle (Telangana), Mansa (Punjab) and Karimganj (Assam) have emerged as top markets.
Marketplaces have been quick to lap up the opportunity to further the trending category. Snapdeal shoppers have access to fitness coaches and nutrition expert consultations recently added on the platform. Through partnership various with sports brands, Flipkart has launched workout videos of influencers and celebrities such as KL Rahul and Mary Kom to stay relevant.
Rising fitness-conscious individuals, product advancements enabling home-based workouts and improvement of online fitness content are key driving factors for the market growth, noted experts.
Pinakiranjan Mishra, partner and national leader – consumer products and retail at EY India said, “Growing awareness of health and wellbeing among homebound consumers has triggered the increase in demand for fitness equipment in addition to increased consumption of packaged, healthier, immunity-boosting foods and beverages. Considering that infections are on the rise and there is no immediate sign of recovery, the trend is likely to continue for now.”