- Aswebman Designs
- Ripped Jeans
- Men Printed T-Shirts and Tees
- Halloween Mixed Shop
- Trench Coat
- Marvel Captain America
- Sports – Ali
- Avengers Endgame
- Rainbow Brite
- Mickey Mouse and Friends
- Harry Potter
- Justice league
- Minnie and Friends
- Pirates of Carribean
- DC Comics
- Independence Day
- Teespring askwebman store
- Tom and Jerry
- Toy Story 4
- Wonder Women
Retail News Subscribe – One mail per day with summary
- Jason & Scot Show Episode 230 Amazon Q2 2020 Earnings
- SOCKSHOP ties with Sal’s Shoes and homelessness charity to support new School Uniform Hub free uniform for families in need – Retail Times
- IMC to Present Webinars on Post-COVID-19 Retail
- What Does the Back to School 2020 Retail Season Look Like?
- 5 Steps to Making Live Stream Videos That Further Your Retail Branding
- … and rolls out electric delivery vans across JLP and Waitrose as home delivery soars
- Restaurants are in ‘fight mode right now,’ Dunkin’ Brands CEO says
- ‘Simple modern, discount shopping’: the Argos catalogue through the years – in pictures | Business
- Creative Design & Display Connections launched
- Check out Nike’s new Paris flagship
- Redundancies at Waterstones HQ as some stores remain shut
- Primark launches national in-store recycling
- Digital Is Turning Retail Into An On-Demand Model
- Shopify to offer installment payments through Affirm
- Retail Roundup—Etsy expands in Germany; Bluefly gains more sellers
- American President asked Barr to conduct the news conference for clearing him on Ukraine
- parcelLab marks 5th anniversary and expansion strategy – Retail News – A1 Retail Magazine
- Innovative Retailer: THG Ingenuity – Retail Insider
- SINGLE USE PPE KITS SOLUTION PERFECT FOR PEOPLE ON THE GO…
- Jason & Scot Show Episode 229 News including Google and Big Commerce, and NRF NXT
Safe content check
Content found safe from malware :
www.askwebman.com (askwebman.com) is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.in.
In addition to askwebman’s participation in Amazon’s program, askwebman.com also participates in a number of other affiliate programs. That means when someone clicks on an affiliate link and purchases a product,askwebman.com receives a small commission.
This commission does not cost you anything, nor does it affect our judgement when it comes to selecting which products we showcase in our content.
New Products update – One mail per day
Retail News update – One mail per day
Subscribe by category
Godrej Appliances has almost reached its pre-COVID sales level this month, and it expects to attain full manufacturing capacity utilisation by end of September this year, said a top company official.
According to a PTI report: The company is expecting to attain its peak capacity by September, just before the festive season starts as the sales are gradually increasing due to various factors, including opening of markets with reduced restrictions and pent up demand.
However, the company also expects degrowth for the industry due to lost sales of April and half of May, which account almost one third sales of the cooling products.
“We should be operating at by around 100 percent manufacturing capacity by September, before festive sales,” Kamal Nandi, Business Head and Executive Vice President, Godrej Appliance was quoted by PTI as saying.
The Godrej Group firm has manufacturing units at Sirwal, Pune and Mohali in Punjab. It has a peak manufacturing capacity of around 2.9 lakh units of refrigerator.
“Initially, we have to keep our plants closed because of lockdown scenario. Then we started opening of both of plants in the month of May but the demand was not enough as there was enough stock available at dealers warehouses and our warehouses, so we need not produce enough in May and produced only 20 per cent capacity,” he told PTI.
According to him, the production started picking up in June. Presently, its 95 percent outlets are operating.
“We are operating our plants at 60 percent plus now. We are intending to have 80 percent utilisation in July and then onwards enhancing further,” Nandi told PTI, adding that these are the “projections based on the current trend”.
While talking on sales, Nandi said that in the last week, the company has almost attained the same numbers as the corresponding period last year.
“As we are in the last week of June, we have seen sale and demand almost equal to last year of June in the last week. We have reached to the demand level of the last year in the fag end of June. I expect this to continue in July also,” he was quoted by PTI as saying.
“When we started in June it was around 70 percent of last year, in the mid of June it was 85 percent and last week it was almost at the level of last year.”
This has been witnessed by the company in all the segments, which it operates including refrigerators, washing machine, air condition etc.
“The demand of AC is going down because we are now entering into monsoon and demand of refrigerators and washing machine is going up,” he told PTI.
However, Nandi also added that the company has lost its sales completely in April and May, which accounts for almost one-third sales of the cooling products due to the lockdown.
“There will be an impact on the financials and overall there will degrowth as April is a peak month (for sales of cooling products) and May (half-closed) is also a big month for the industry and us too,” he said.
On increasing indigenisation of products, Nandi said that Godrej Appliance was a pioneer in that whether it is for the technology of refrigerators or washing machine and has established it as a “preferred strong Indian brand” in the segment.
“Our efforts in this direction would continue,” he told PTI, adding that Godrej Appliances, as a company, has been investing to increase the manufacturing base in the country.
This has been done by across the brand in India and presently except microwave ovens, everything is now manufactured in the country.
“More than 95 percent product, which we sell in the country is produced in the country and the same is with case with Godrej Appliances,” said Nandi, who is also the President of Consumer Electronics and Appliances Manufacturers Association (CEAMA) also.
Last week, the company has extended its offerings by introducing a new ingenious refrigerator ranges – Godrej Edge Rio and Godrej Edge Neo and new age semi-automatic washing machine Godrej Edge Ultima.